Further Update - Moving Goods between the UK and the EU

If you move goods between the UK and countries in the EU, you need to follow new customs and tax rules.

Your business will be affected by the new rules if you:

  • buy goods from an EU seller and bring them into the UK

  • send goods you’ve sold to a buyer in an EU country

  • haven’t exchanged money but need to move equipment that you use for your business, between the UK and the EU

We understand this means a lot of changes are needed, and ATP along with HMRC are available to help you in several ways.

You can now apply for the SME Brexit Support Fund. Smaller businesses can get up to £2,000 to pay for practical support, including training or professional advice to adjust to new customs, rules of origin and VAT rules when trading with the EU. Further information on the SME Brexit Support Fund can be found by visiting https://www.gov.uk/guidance/grants-to-help-small-and-medium-sized-businesses-new-to-importing-or-exporting or by contacting us directly.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All